Monday, January 08, 2007

Memorial service

Since I don’t have everybody’s e-mail I thought I would send you this.

I was so sad to hear that Mom has passed away, but was glad to be informed and to know that she was not alone when it happened.

When I heard that the memorial service will be this Saturday I started making the necessary arrangements to attend. I got four days off from work and made a reservation for a plane ticket. I told them I could not buy it till I had talked to the insurance company. They agreed to hold the ticket today and I then called the insurance company to get travel insurance.
Because I got sick in 2005 and the doctors still have not figured out exactly what is wrong, they demanded a medical certificate. So I went to the doctor and he filled out the paper, which was then faxed to the company. I called the medical supervisor I had talked to earlier. When she got it she said that the company would not insure me. Or rather they would, but if anything should happen that was in any way related to my stomach or kidneys they would not cover. They would cover everything else, though! She recommended that I tried some other companies, but they are all the same. Of course I did for a while think that I should not have said anything, but if I had not and something then would have gone wrong, I would have had to pay money back to the insurance. I just don’t have the kind of money that may take.

As much as it means to me to attend Mom’s memorial service Saturday and see and be with you again I dare not without go insurance. Nothing would probably happen, but that’s what I said in 2005, too!

I am really sad that it turned out this way, but I do hope you understand. I will of course think of all of you and Mom especially on Saturday and I sincerely hope that you can help and support each other during this difficult time.
I thank you so very much for still letting me be part of the family. That sure means a lot to me.

I hope somebody sees this. If you do please tell Jack that mails sent to his address are bounced back. Even what I sent here last week was bounced back.


Take care

Love

Niels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home